The Tiedemann On Wines Wine Club (by the way we now have 172 members), just had another great wine dinner at McCarthy’s on the Riverwalk in Elkhart. We featured winemaker Bruce Devlin’s wonderful Three Clicks wines paired with Chef Matt Hiland’s outstanding menu.
I am not going to elaborate on this particular dinner…I will let the pictures tell you what you missed if you weren’t there.
What I do want to talk about is the benefit of attending our events and others like them. As I have said many times before, wine dinners and tastings are events that give wine enthusiasts the opportunity to sample a wide range of wines, at very reasonable prices. Some of the wines you will taste you may have never heard of before or you certainly haven’t ever tasted. This isn’t only educational, but great fun and an opportunity to be with old friends and certainly meet some new ones. I once read in the book Wine For Dummies the following:
“Finding out about wine is like space travel. Once you get going, there is no end in sight.”
Fortunately for those of us who are passionate about wine and choose to continuously educate ourselves, learning about wine can be a fascinating experience, full of new wines and flavors, great food pairings, new places and new friends. What an interesting lifestyle we have in wine.
Here is the food and wine pairings at our recent event:
- Course One: Tuna Tartar. Tuna, watermelon, avocado, pickles served with crostini. Paired with the 2013 Three Clicks Sauvignon Blanc
- Course Two: Scallop Salad. Julienne red and yellow peppers, red onions, carrot slices, avocado and mixed greens with a jalapeño vinaigrette. Paired with the 2014 Three Clicks Grenache Blanc
- Course Three: Roasted Rack of Elk. Elk and roasted potatoes served with spicy chocolate sauce. Paired with the 2013 Three Clicks Malbec
- Course Four: Cranberry orange pecan stuffed quail. Paired with the 2012 Three Clicks Petite Sirah
- Dessert: Chocolate Mousse. Served with fresh whip cream and topped with white chocolate. Paired with the 2008 Three Clicks Dessert Wine
Don’t miss out on these opportunities. Sign up for one of the upcoming Tiedemann On Wines Wine Club dinners (we hope to have a full schedule posted soon) and enjoy some great wines.
As always I appreciate your support of our wine blog and encourage you to share it with family and friends. If you care to share your comments on this blog posting or other topics please do so in the comments section below.
Until next week,