Join Adler and I in celebrating the notable, highly anticipated, release of our 2016 Tiedemann Adler’s Blend Red Wine from Glenwood Cellars Wines. We will be hosting some tastings of this newly debuted wine at our monthly LEX 530 Wine Club dinners over the next several months. If you are interested in this remarkable wine, please contact me directly.
This wine has been almost three years in the making: Going from grapes on the vines, to harvest, to blending the wine, aging in oak barrels, to a year’s time in the bottle. All of this time under the watchful eye of our celebrated winemaker Bruce Devlin of Ballentine Vineyards and Winery.
Glenwood Cellars Wines is a boutique artisan producer of ultra-premium Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon as well as several other red wines: the Adler’s Blend and the Tiedemann Signature Series Red. We are based in Napa Valley and Sonoma, California. Our other celebrated winemaker, based in Sonoma, is the very talented Kent Humphrey of Eric Kent Wine Cellars.
We make our Sonoma Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc as well as our Carneros Pinot Noir with Kent in a couple of different co-op wineries. These wineries are located in Sonoma County.
Our 2016 Adler’s Blend has a deep rich red color with a purple rim. The wine is a blend of 41% Zinfandel, 40% Petite Sirah, 18% Lagrein and 1% Merlot. It was aged in 30% new French Oak; our grapes were 80% from Calistoga and 20% from St. Helena.
Because the wine is still considered young, it has a tight nose. Once the wine is given the opportunity to open in a glass or decanter you will get hints of black berry, cocoa and vanilla. On the palate there are rich, juicy fruit flavors with hints of oak and dark cocoa. These rich flavors create a silky mouth feel which lingers on the palate and turns into a well-rounded, balanced, incredible finish that lingers on and on. This wine opens as you drink it and this is an indication that the wine was blended to age well.
Grandson Adler contributed the art work for the back label as he did for our 2015 vintage. He is also working on the art work for our 2018 vintage which is currently in oak barrels at the winery in St Helena. In May of this year we’ll be blending our 2019 Adler’s Blend. That will be our fourth vintage of this spectacular red wine.
As always, I appreciate your support of our wine blog and encourage you to share it with family and friends. If you are reading this blog for the first time please consider subscribing while you are on the website. This way you’ll get our reviews and articles delivered to you for free in your email box. If you care to share your comments on this blog posting or other topics please do so in the comments section below.
Calendar of Events
- February 18 – International Drink Wine Day
- February 29 – Open That Bottle Night
- March 3 – National Mulled Wine Day
- April 17 – International Malbec Day
- May 1 – International Sauvignon Blanc Day
- May 9 – World Moscato Day
- May 21 – International Chardonnay Day
- May 25 – National Wine Day
- June 26 – International Rosé Day
- June 21 – Lambrusco Day
- August 1-5 – International Albariño Days
- August 4 – National White Wine Day
- August 18 – International Pinot Noir Day
- September 3 – International Cabernet Day
- September 18 – International Grenache Day
- November 7 – International Merlot Day
- November 12 – International Tempranillo Day
- November 18 – National Zinfandel Day
- November 19 – Beaujolais Nouveau Day
- December 4 – Cabernet Franc Day
- December 20 – National Sangria Day