I am very pleased to announce that Stan Minden has joined the team at LEX 530 as our Wine Director. Stan has more than 17 years of experience in retail sales. Stan spent those 17 years as the wine buyer for Elkhart’s Chalet Party Shoppe stores. For the last number of years Stan was the premium wine buyer for both Chalet and Belmont Beverage stores. Belmont owns the Chalet stores.
Over the years Stan has helped many area residents do everything from picking out wine for important celebrations and dinners to helping clients stock home wine cellars.
Personally I have known and worked with Stan for well over 10 years. I have written about him in my blog before and Stan has even written a few guest blogs on my site. Stan has an impeccable wine palate, as well as a number of other wine skills and wine knowledge that he can share with our team members and the guests at LEX 530. Stan is also well-connected with many local wine distributors and that will benefit our new 530 Select Wine Club and our monthly Talk & Tasting program. His relationships will allow him the chance to help connect our club members with some really interesting wines for great prices.
The LEX 530 team has decided to create a wine education program called “Wine Talk & Tasting.” We will hold our Wine Talk & Tasting event once per month at LEX 530. Wine Director Stan Minden will pick three to six wines each month for people attending the event to taste. Stan will discuss each wine and answer questions, as well. LEX 530 Executive Chef Chad Coryn will prepare an assortment of appetizers to be tasted with the wines. There is a nominal fee of $25.00 per person for the event. Our first event will be Thursday, November 5, at 6:00 p.m. at the LEX 530 Event Center. Learn more here.
530 Select Wine Club
In addition to our LEX 530 Wine & Dinner Club and our Wine Talk & Tasting program, we are starting another program called 530 Select Wine Club. This club is a subscription wine club which provides the subscriber another opportunity to try a wide selection of wine, based on ones preference for red wine, white or both.
Here’s how the club works:
- The subscriber completes the 530 Select Wine Club application and returns it to us.
- There are price ranges on the application to select two bottles for $50.00 or two bottles for $75.00. Subscribers can choose how many of each they want. And, yes, they can select both options.
- There are three categories for wine to select from, as well.
- Two red wines
- Two white wines
- One red and one white
- Wine Director Stan Minden and I will select the wines to fill each month’s orders from a number of sources. The wines could come from many wine regions around the world. Our goal is to get great tasting bottles of wine at a low price.
- The subscriber’s credit card will be charged when the wines come in and subscribers will be notified when the wine is available for pickup at LEX 530.
- Tasting notes will be provided for each wine.
If you are looking to expand your wine knowledge or challenge your palate, then joining the 530 Select Wine Club provides the opportunity to do just that.
As always, I appreciate your support of our wine blog and encourage you to share it with family and friends. If you are reading this blog for the first time, please consider subscribing while you are on the website. This way you will get our reviews and articles delivered to you for free in your email box. If you care to share your comments on this blog posting or other topics, please do so in the comments section below.
Look Forward to These Happy Things: Upcoming LEX 530 Events!
Important Wine Holidays
November 7 – International Merlot Day
November 12 – International Tempranillo Day
November 18 – International Zinfandel Day
December 4 – Cabernet Franc Day
December 20 – National Sangria Day
December 31 – National Champagne Day