I have written about our 530 Select Wine Club in past wine blog articles. Today, I want to bring you up to date on the club and share our successes with you.
Before we discuss the 530 Select Wine Club let us take a moment and answer the question: Are wine clubs really worth it? These are the benefits, I feel, of belonging to a wine club:
- You, the member, have the opportunity to learn about and taste a wide variety of wines. For example, one month you might be introduced to French wines and the next month it might be Napa Valley Cabernets. Wine clubs are a great way to learn about various wines and improve your palate.
- Wine club wine buyers have access to price discounts provided by wine distributors. These discounts can be and are used to purchase higher priced wines for club members.
- The hassle of picking good wines now falls to the club’s sommelier or buyer. It does not leave you standing in the aisles at wine shops trying to figure out what wine to purchase.
As has been the purpose of my wine blog, the idea behind our various wine events and programs at LEX 530 is to provide education on all things wine and to challenge your palate. Listed below are the various opportunities we provide.
LEX 530 Wine and Dinner Club
There is a one-time fee of $95.00 to join this club. The club’s dinners are held once a month and start out with a reception that features an assortment of wines and appetizers. The appetizers are selected and prepared by our Executive Chef Chad Coryn. The reception lasts for about a half an hour and then everyone is seated for a four-course meal prepared by Chef Chad, complete with wines paired for each course. Wine Director Stan Minden selects each of the wines being served with each course. Generally, the dinners cost around $100 per person and all club members receive a 10% discount off the ticket and any wines purchased.
Talk and Taste
Another wine program we started and put on each month is our Wine Talk and Taste event. At this event, Chef Chad again prepares four to six different appetizers and Wine Director Stan Minden selects five to six different wines to taste. Tickets to this event are $30.00 per person. At the tasting, Stan and I discuss each wine and answer all questions about the wine. This program has been a big success.
530 Select Wine Club
530 Select is a subscription wine club which provides you an opportunity to try a wide selection of wines based on your preference for red wine, white wine or both.
Here’s how the club works:
- The subscriber completes the 530 Select Wine Club application and returns it to us.
- There are price ranges on the application to select two bottles for $50.00 or two bottles for $75.00. Subscribers choose which price level they want. And, yes, they can select both options.
- There are three categories for wine to select from, as well.
- Two red wines.
- Two white wines.
- One red and one white wine.
- Wine Director Stan Minden and I select the wines to fill each month’s orders from a number of sources. The wines could come from any number of wine regions around the world. Our goal is to get great tasting bottles of wine at the best price. To date we have been successful doing that.
- The subscriber’s credit card will be charged when the wines come in and subscribers will be notified when the wine is available for pickup at LEX 530.
- Tasting notes will be provided for each wine.
If you are a wine lover but don’t really know anything about different varieties or how to choose a good bottle of wine, these three clubs, especially 530 Select, provide you the opportunity to learn about wines and taste them at the same time. It allows you to discover what you like or dislike about different types of wine.
I have said time and time again, to learn about wine you have to continually taste different wines and study them. 530 Select gives you that opportunity.
All of our wine programs are designed to educate you on wine, food and pairings. Each program is a little different, but focuses on educating you by providing good wines.
As always, I appreciate your support of our wine blog and encourage you to share it with family and friends. If you are reading this blog for the first time, please consider subscribing while you are on the website. This way you will get our reviews and articles delivered to you for free in your email box. If you care to share your comments on this blog posting or other topics, please do so in the comments section below.
Upcoming Wine Events For 2021
6/25/21 Wine Talk & Taste Event — BUY YOUR TICKETS HERE
7/16/21 July Wine Dinner featuring music by Checkmark Sallie
7/30/21 Wine Talk & Taste Event
8/13/21 August Wine Dinner featuring music by Jesse’s Gurl
8/27/21 Wine Talk & Taste Event
9/10/21 September Wine Dinner featuring music by Julia James
9/24/21 Wine Talk & Taste Event
10/5/21 Oktoberfest Dinner with Iechyd Da Brewing Co. with music by Patti Lightfoot
10/22/21 Wine Talk & Taste Event
11/5/21 November Wine Dinner featuring music by Checkmark Sallie
11/19/21 Wine Talk & Taste Event