Emilie and I are very excited to announce that the 530 Wine Bar is coming along very well and is only weeks away from opening. We don’t know the exact date, as there are a number of things to be delivered.
The electrical contractor, Gaylor Electric, has almost completed all of its work. The plumbing contractor only has the bar sinks to hook up yet. That is being held up until the bar top is finished.
The remaining bar equipment also needs to be installed including the back bar cooler and the double tap refrigerator. As I have mentioned, we will be serving Iechyd Da Brewing Company beers on tap. We will be the only other place in the market that has Iechyd Da beer.
The new vinyl flooring is being installed as I am penning this article. The new wooden table tops arrived last week. They will be assembled this coming week and placed in the bar area.
The new reupholstered chair seats are about completed and ready to be installed. Our painting contractor has to paint our barstools and chairs. Son Benjamin has been sanding chairs for a number of weeks and is just six short of being done with that job.
There are a few other odds and ends that need to be completed:
- The installation of our new exterior sign
- Finish the wooden patio on the front of the building
- Order the outdoor furniture
- We are waiting on one exterior light fixture
- Finalize the food menu and the wine lists
- Do a wine glass inventory and replace or add the proper wine glasses
- Order plates and other dishes
- Order and install the chair rail guards on the bar stools
- Complete the hiring and training of our staff
- Finish ordering our wine for the wine list
- Complete our business plan and update our financial plans
As we get down to the wire, there is still plenty of work to do. Shortly we will be looking for employees. We will need to hire kitchen help, bartenders, servers and helpers. If you know folks in these categories who might be interested in work with our great team, have them send their resume to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also be doing some soft opening events to iron out the processes and make sure we are functioning our best.
As always, I appreciate your support of our wine blog and encourage you to share it with family and friends. If you care to share your comments on this blog posting or other topics, please do so in the comments section below.
Until next week,